Sunday, November 15, 2020

Microfiction: Two Spooky Little Stories


These are somewhat like the woods I'm picturing in the first story.
(Image from Jordan Stimpson)

Got Ya

I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though he somehow had control of the branches, commanding them to stop me. Crack. I felt a pain in my chest before the realization hit me. I was on the ground. A scream rose from my lungs as I tried to move my ankle. No. It couldn't be. I closed my eyes and counted to three, willing my ankle to mend itself so I could run. I opened my eyes and the scream burst forth. "Got ya."


Lipstick

I couldn't help but give an exasperated sigh, knowing full well that this lady would never get the right shade of red for my lipstick. Although, I suppose it is hard to make lipstick look vibrant when you're putting it on a corpse.



Author's Note:

Hello! I hope you got a little spooked when reading these stories. I wanted to write something that was inspired by those two sentence horror stories that are circulating the internet, so I chose to engage the more twisted sides of my brain. I think what makes "Got Ya" particularly scary is that we don't know who, or what, is chasing the character, so that leaves the doors wide open for our brains to fill in the blanks with whatever horrible creature we can imagine. For "Lipstick" I tried to create a horrifying little twist. Reading the first sentence could make you think that perhaps she is getting her makeup done for a wedding or special occasion, but when you realize the character is dead, it just sends a shiver down your spine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...