Monday, December 7, 2020

Learning Challenge: Get moving!

For this learning by H.E.A.R.T challenge I chose to try the "Health" challenges. I have been on a personal health journey and have been trying to lose weight for a few months now. I have been successful, but I am always looking for more ways to do my whole body good. I know that good computer posture is important and I also know the statistics about how sitting at a desk impacts our bodies, but it cannot be avoided in school. So, I chose to learn how to exercise at my desk with this article titled "6 Yoga Exercises You Won't be Embarrassed to do at Your Desk." I actually really love yoga so I was super interested in what this article had to say. My favorite was this open chest stretch. 

This is the demonstration image from the article, found here

You take your hands and clasp them behind you, your palms facing your back. You then raise your arms slightly to deepen the stretch and hold it for ten to fifteen breaths. It felt great because I always slump when I am sitting, so intentionally opening my chest and re-aligning my posture was so helpful! I am definitely going to try to incorporate the rest of these exercises, such as the neck stretches and the chair twists, into my daily life as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...