Monday, December 7, 2020

Famous Last Words: Pushing through!

I don't know why I like this image so much but I do. The end is in sight!



Your reading for this week

The reading went well for me this week! I had time to do both portions and I actually enjoyed the spookier element to the whole week. I remember the tale of the warlock killing his daughters-in-law because they were not protected by the cross, which I thought was an interesting element of religion to bring into a story. I definitely want to try to find more stories like this!

Your best writing for this week
I thought the writing I did in my Research II class was my best writing. It was not any sort of creative writing, but a quantitative research analysis. While this isn't exciting, it is something I will use more in my career and can implement the same strategies I use for creative writing. I have found that when I put my phone across the room and just sit down and write then I do my best work!

Other people's writing
This week I really enjoyed Natalie's re-telling of the classic tale of Cinderella. I wrote comments for her and in them I expressed how much I loved the modernization she did. It felt very much like the film titled "A Cinderella Story," which is a film I dearly love, so I truly enjoyed her tale. I think modernization is definitely something I can try to implement! Read it here!

Your other classes
My other classes are crazy this week. I have major assignments due this coming weekend that I have to work on all week. It won't be fun but we're almost to the end! As I mentioned, I think the writing tips I have learned in this course definitely transfer to all my other work in other classes. Creative writing to the rescue!

Outside of school 
I don't have a super exciting topic this week, but I am going to see some Christmas lights with a few friends on Wednesday so I am excited about that! I love Christmas the most and this year it feels like we need it just a little bit more.

Next week
This week I am pushing through to the end of school. I am going to try to finish up my classes by Friday so I can relax over the weekend. Other than that, it's just pushing through to the end of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...