Monday, November 30, 2020

Growth Mindset: Conversation with Bella

Fixed vs Growth mindset

For this growth mindset conversation I prepared a few talking points before I chatted with my roommate, Bella. I tried to give her an overview of the idea of a growth mindset versus a fixed mindset and how that effects your life. She was very receptive to the conversation and genuinely seemed like she wanted to know more, so that was encouraging. Though she had never heard of the term "growth mindset" before, she had definitely heard of some concepts related to the topic. I wanted to make sure I hit the points about taking criticism and using it to improve your activity/performance/whatever you're doing because she will be the first to admit that she has trouble taking criticism sometimes. To my surprise she was very open to having a candid discussion about how she could improve in this area. I had some more points prepared on the way we see "failure" in our lives as well. I told her about the ways we can take our failures and learn from them instead of being down on ourselves. I think she really enjoyed talking about this and the conversation was productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...