Sunday, November 15, 2020

Famous Last Words: Gearing up for the Weekend

Your reading for this week.

    I think the reading went well for me this week. I had time do do both sections of the reading and genuinely enjoyed the works that I read. I remember the second part of the reading more than the first, and I can vividly recall the story about the Gruagach Gaire's tragic tale. Reading the stories this week gave me inspiration to write more stories that are sad and sort of scary, which I tried to do in my microfiction for the week. 

Your best writing for this week. 

     I think I did my best writing in my storytelling for the week and in my microfiction. I think I explored elements that are new to my writing in the story about heartbreak and pain, even though the story is based off the reading from two weeks ago. As for the microfiction, I really tried to explore my darker side with something that would spook my readers. I'll be honest, I definitely watched some spooky tik toks (don't judge me) before I wrote those so I could get in the spirit, per se. 

Other people's writing.

    This week I read some really great storybooks! My absolute favorite, probably my favorite that I have read so far in the class, was titled The End (Of the World- It Might be Fine) and was written by Eli. the writing was absolutely stunning and actually made me want to read more, which is a hard thing to accomplish. He wrote the stories such that it felt like we were reading the characters' diary, or were actually present in their head, and it was so good. 

Your other classes.

    For the most part, my other classes are generally fine. I had a fairly large paper due in one of them, and a quiz due in another, but there were no major roadblocks to accomplishing work this week. I am not sure there are any explicit connections to the things we are doing in this class, but I will say that making myself map out all my work for this class has made me do the same for other classes and is a super helpful practice. 

Outside of school.

    To be honest, nothing crazy exciting happened this week outside of school, other than me remaining in quarantine because I was exposed to someone who has covid (I tested negative, but am doing the full 14 day quarantine to be safe). I don't have any exciting news stories, other than the fact that Biden is officially going to be the president, but everyone already knows that. 

Next week.

    This next week I am going to have to really budget my time well because I will be out of town for a Friendsgiving (socially distanced, of course) on the weekend and unable to do a lot of weekend work. I have a schedule written out and as long as I stick to it I will be able to accomplish everything I need to and can have a fun weekend, guilt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...