Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

A Tentative Reading Plan

After examining the UnTextbook, these are the stories that stuck out to me. I don't know that I will end up reading all these in the end, but this is the plan for now!
 

THE PLAN

My Interests

I tend to be interested in the backstories behind popular tales. I find it intriguing how popular Disney movies or television shows are rooted so deeply in fairytales or stories written with very different endings, or different meanings entirely. I also genuinely love tales like Percy Jackson (Greek Mythology) and learning more about the lesser-known gods and goddesses. I think my main interests are in Greek and Norse mythology, but that's just because those are the ones I vaguely know of. Another big interest of mine is in the mythology surrounding The Lord of the Rings and I am thinking of doing my storybook project over this, but that is yet to be determined. 



Saint Juliana of Nicomedia is taken from the Women Saints reading section. I chose her because I am interested in the women of the mythology world, so she fits that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...