Sunday, August 30, 2020

First Impressions on Weekly Assignments

 


I imagine this woman is writing all the assignments for her Mythology and Folklore class.

    Hello all! After reading the overview of the six core assignments the class will be doing every week, I am both excited and nervous. The week is broken down into manageable chunks and I am confident I will be able to do all the assignments on time, but it is still a little overwhelming, but that could just be my current mental state talking (has anyone really been in a stable state since corona? If you have, please let me know how you're managing). I think my initial reaction is that I am most excited about the "storytelling" assignment. I do truly enjoy writing and engaging the right side of my brain for a bit, so I think that will be a nice break from the rest of my obligations this semester.

    As far as the extra credit is concerned, I think there are some that are of interest to me. I like the idea of the class diary and the check-in and connect. As previously mentioned, I am not doing the best this semester with my mental health, so I genuinely appreciate the option to have a check-in at the end of the week to see where everyone is at. In addition to these two, I think I will definitely complete the microfictions and the "Growth mindset/Heart" assignments as well. These were of particular interest and they seem like fun additions to my work if I have time. I am excited for most everything in this class and truly believe it will be a good semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...