Thursday, October 15, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback



I chose this image because, as you will read in this post, I think a critical part of the feedback process is receiving criticism on your work. Criticism inspires you to be a better writer and to learn from your mistakes. 


Feedback in

    Overall, the feedback from my classmates is very good. I would rate it an eight out of ten on the "quality" scale. I'll be honest, sometimes I find myself getting a little offended by the comments because in my mind what I wrote made perfect sense. However, I know that I never write something that is perfect and doesn't need to be corrected or edited in some way. Even though the comments telling me to edit something hurt the most, they are the most helpful because they push me to be a better writer. They help me understand how to write from someone else's point of view and allow me to grow. I find that the comments in life (either on the blogposts for class or in life from your loved ones) that make you go "hey, I don't do that! What are you talking about," are the ones that are the truest.

Feedback out

    I think I would rate the quality of my own feedback for other people at a six-ish. I think I struggle with giving good feedback because I never want to make someone feel bad or hurt their feelings in any way. I will say that I do a good job at pointing out the things people do right, but like I said in the previous section, the comments that point out things you can do better are the most helpful.

Blog comments

    In general, I think the blogposts are a really good way to get to know someone and connect with them a bit. The blogs show people's writing styles, the things they are interested in, and the way they learn about mythology. I am happy with my introduction post. After re-reading it, I think I did a pretty decent job at giving a real introduction to who I am and what I am interested in. I also think that people could get a sense of who I am from the way I spoke and the things that I included in the post, like the enneagram test and the movie clip. 

Looking forward

    I think the main thing I want to do differently to make the feedback more useful for others would be to focus on gently and kindly pointing out things that could be done differently. I like reading and writing, so I think the next steps for me would be to implement what I love about my favorite works and help implement those into my comments for other people, using good examples as comparison. I don't know that I need to make any changes to my introduction, as I got pretty good feedback on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Microfiction Revisions: Two Spooky Little Stories

Original Texts: Got Ya I ran. I ran as fast as I possibly could, the branches whipping at face, grabbing at my hair. It was almost as though...